Disney Releases ‘Foodie Guide’ to Avengers Campus
When you’ve been going to the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, for a long time, then you know that food wasn’t always the main event. However, thanks to the amazingly talented cast, the food has really leveled up in the past decade. So, get ready to eat this summer because when Avengers Campus opens on June 4th, 2021, at California Adventure Park, there will be a whole new land dedicated to to exploring your taste buds!
And as we’ve said many times before, even Super Heroes in training get hungry! Luckily, for all the hungry heroes out there, the Disney Parks Blog has released a “Foodie Guide to Avengers Campus” to show-off all the unique offerings available at Avengers Campus, trust us, you will love all these items 3000!
Pym Test Kitchen
Refuel with Ant-Man and the Wasp’s size-defying foodie grub (designed with patented Pym Particle technology) when Pym Test Kitchen opens to heroes-in-training on June 4th! At the sit-down restaurant, fans of Ant-Man and the Wasp can even watch a pretzel grow and shrink through a quantum tunnel in the kitchen laboratory!
Imagineering staff writer Jillian Pagan helped create the concept for the Pym Test Kitchen and gave reporters at People a sneak peek in March 2020.
Superheroes don’t normally open restaurants, but what they would do is use their technology to help the world. So that’s the story of our Pym Test Kitchen. Pym Test Kitchen is inspired by the world of Ant Man and the Wasp. In our story, they are using their shrinking and growing technology to create new innovations in food science because, of course, you can feed more people if you can run a normal sized pretzel through this quantum tunnel machine, hit it with some Pym particles and make it grow to a giant size. Our food and beverage team has done an amazing job at extending that storytelling to the food, so you will be able to actually purchase a giant pretzel.
Pym Test Kitchen Meals
Pym Test Kitchen serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and even features menu items for those with dietary restrictions like the Impossible Spoonful, plant-based meatballs, tomato sauce, dairy-free Parmesan, and other vegetarian options.
Check out all the offerings from Pym Test Kitchen below:
Pym Test Kitchen Breakfast
- Calculated Breakfast = E x 2 + (B+P)/T – Eggs Two Ways with smoked bacon, crispy potato bites, and focaccia toast
- Impossible Quantum Garden Breakfast – Plant-based folded omelet with Impossible breakfast sausage, crispy potato bites, and focaccia toast
- Ever-Expanding Cinna-Pym Toast – Baked Pym particle bread and egg custard with cinnamon-sugar topping, a fried egg, smoked bacon, and maple syrup
- Spoonful of Cereal – Bran flakes and raisins garnished with a yogurt-covered pretzel and served with reduced-fat milk and a ripe banana
- Nano Eggs-periment 101 – Softly arranged eggs and turkey bacon with toast (for small beings ages 3 through 9)
- Cinna-Pym Mini Toast – Warm toasted cinnamon Pym particle bread with turkey bacon and maple syrup (for small beings ages 3 through 9)
Pym Test Kitchen Snacks
- Quantum Pretzel – 453.8 grams, Bavarian-style pretzel with sharp cheddar-beer sauce
- Atomic Fusion Pretzel – Buffalo-style pretzel loaded with chicken, hot sauce, ranch dressing, blue cheese crumbles, celery, and dill-pickled carrots
- Pingo Doce – Refreshing lemon-lime with a vanilla kick! This distinctly green beverage from Avenger lore available exclusively at Avengers Campus.
- Proton PB&J Punch – Minute Maid Lemonade with peanut butter and strawberry flavors, PB-infused whipped cream, and PB pretzel spheres
Pym Test Kitchen Blue Particle Specials
- Pym-ini – Salami, rosemary ham, Provolone, sun-dried tomato spread on toasted focaccia with marinara dipping sauce and arugula salad
- Not So Little Chicken Sandwich – Fried chicken breast, teriyaki and red chili sauces, pickled cabbage slaw on brioche with crispy potato bites
- PB3 Superb Sandwich – Warm PB&J with banana, candied bacon on Pym particle bread, with micro banana smoothie and crispy potato bites
- Caesar Salad + Colossal Crouton – Hearts of romaine, Kalamata olives, pickled onions, Caesar dressing, garlic crouton and Parmesan crisps
- Impossible Spoonful – Rigatoni and ditalini pastas, plant-based meat-balls, tomato sauce, dairy-free Parmesan, and micro basil
- Choco Smash CANDY Bar – Dark chocolate, peanuts, caramel, nougat, and chocolate brownie
Pym Test Kitchen Red Particle Mini-Meals
For your younger heroes ages 3 through 9, Pym Test Kitchen offers Red Particle Mini-Meals that include a Cuties Mandarin Orange, Dannon Yogurt, and choice of small lowfat milk or small DASANI Water.
- Teeny Pym-ini – Toasted ham and provolone sandwich with marinara dipping sauce
- Subatomic Chicken Sandwich – Crispy breaded chicken breast on a soft roll
- PB&J Flavor Lab: Assemble Your Own Experiment – Smooth peanut butter, strawberry jelly, and Pym particle bread
- Mini Pasta & Impossible Meat-balls – Rigatoni and ditalini pastas, plant-based meat-balls, tomato sauce and dairy-free Parmesan served with coconut milk yogurt and small DASANI water
Pym Tasting Lab Beverages
The Pym Tasting Lab is located right next door to the Pym Test Kitchen, and it’s where adult-size heroes can go to enjoy an oversized craft beer (ranging from a pilsner cold-fermented lager to an amber ale) from the Lab’s unique beer taps – glasses fill from the bottom up – as well as particle-infused cocktail experiments.
- Honey Buzz – Gin, lemon juice, and honey syrup with a honey straw
- X-Periment –Tequila, Minute Maid Lime Juice, mango and habanero syrups with mango popping pearls
- Honey Fusion – Gin, Minute Maid Lemonade, honey syrup, IPA, and a honey straw
- Molecular Meltdown – Marshmallow milk stout and vanilla ice cream topped with miniature marshmallows
- The Regulator –Tequila, Minute Maid Lime Juice, mango and habanero syrup, wheat ale, and mango popping pearls
- Particle Fizz –Hard Seltzer with cherry pearls
- Draft beer, hard seltzer, and wine
- Snack Molecules – Mini pretzels, honey roasted peanuts, and sweet & spicy popped sorghum
Shawarma Palace Scrumptious Bites
Elsewhere in Avengers land, guests can also visit a grab-and-go food cart modeled after a scene from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (and of course it’s decorated with lots of Avengers memorabilia).
According to Disney Park Blog, after the Super Heroes discovered their new favorite food joint after the Battle of New York, “the Avengers loved the food so much they invited the Shawarma Palace crew to open a second location at Avengers Campus.”
- New York’s Tastiest – Chicken shawarma wrap, garlic spread, and coconut yogurt-tahini sauce with pickled vegetables
- Impossible Victory Falafel – Plant-based-falafel and cauliflower wrap, garlic spread, hummus and coconut yogurt-tahini sauce with pickled vegetables
Near Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, guests will find a food cart curated by Taneleer Tivan that offers a couple of unique treats to satisfy almost any sweet tooth.
This cart features weird and wonderful galactic concoctions he’s conceived to lure guests to his fortress.
- Cosmic Cream Orb – Crispy cream puff with whipped raspberry cheesecake mousse
- Sweet Spiral Ration – Churro spirals with unique flavors
Novelty Items @ Avengers Campus
Guests will also be able to take home some heroic novelties items!
- Glowing Pym Particle Capsule and Glowing Pym Particle Disc – Light up your beverage with a red or blue glowing Pym particle capsule or disc
- Enlarged Pingo Doce Soda Can – Filled with Pingo Doce or your favorite Coca-Cola® beverage
- Iron Man Infinity Gauntlet – A great way to hold your favorite Coca-Cola® bottled beverage
- Pint-Sized Pints Mini Beer Flight – Oversized ruler flight board with mini beer steins
Avengers Campus This June!
Although Disney originally planned on opening Avengers Campus as early as July 17, 2020, the opening was pushed back for almost a year as the company sought approval to reopen from state and local governments. Now, the wait is almost over, with Avengers Campus at the Disneyland Resort having an official opening date of June 4th, 2021!