THE COLLECTORS: This Week in Comics [August 21, 2022]
Worry no longer Marvel fans, as your favorite time of the week has returned in the beloved COLLECTORS series!
A brand new series from sitcom icons arrives, and some of the biggest titles of this year continue full steam ahead, welcome back COLLECTORS, as we uncover everything arriving This Week in Comics
Damage Control #1
This week’s recap starts with one of the coolest arrivals of the year, as none other than The Goldberg creator Adam Goldberg has lent his talents to the Marvel Universe in a debut issue that should top the list of all COLLECTORS.
A fantastic new team is forming under the watchful eye of writers Adam Goldberg, Hand Rodionoff, and artists Jay Fosgitt and Will Robson, as Marvel is officially putting together its own Damage Control unit, a team of superheroes that follows the biggest heroes in the Marvel Universe to clean up their mess.
Spider-Gwen: Gwenverse #5
The iconic multiversal Spider-hero is back in an action-packed finale issue that pits the iconic Spider-Gwen face to face with, well, finale, in an issue that should round out the haul of all COLLECTORS.
Tim Seeley and Jodi Nishijima continue this phenomenal issue that places Gwen Stacy and her multitude of variants confronting the final villain in a massive entry that could change everything.
Avengers Forever #8
Any consistent MarvelBlog reader knows just how highly we rate Jason Aaron’s most recent Avengers Forever run, and this week sees the most recent installment arrive in an entry that should entice COLLECTORS everywhere.
The phenomenal series continues its multiversal adventures by introducing Unowrth Thor, with Aaron Kuder continuing with the fantastic art in a book that could end as this year’s best run.
Other Releases This Week
- Captain America: Symbol of Truth #4 by Tochi Unyebuchi and R.B. Silva
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings #2 by Gene Yang and Marcus to
- Genis-Vell: Captain Marvel #2 by Peter David and Juanan Ramirez
- Defenders: Beyond #2 by Al Ewing and Javier Rodriguez
- A.X.E.: Judgement Day #3 by Kieron Gillen and Valerio Schiti
- Marauders #5 by Steve Orlando and Andrea Broccardo
- Carnage #5 by Ram. V. and Francesco Manna
- Wolverine: Patch #5 by Larry Hama and Andrea Dl Vito
- The Amazing Spider-Man #8 by Zeb Wells and John Romita
- Star Wars: Doctor Aphra #23 by Alyssa Wong and Minkyu Jung
- Star Wars: Darth Vader #26 by Greg Pak and Raffaele Ienco
- Miles Morales: Spider-Man #41 by Aladin Ahmed and Christopher Allen
- Fantastic Four #46 by Dan Slott and C Cafu
And that is everything new coming to Marvel this week in comics; Happy Hunting COLLECTORS!